Saturn will be in Capricorn December 19, 2017 through March 21, 2020 GMT
Saturn isn’t the most beloved planet in the zodiac. It’s the stern taskmaster that always shows where you need to respond to life to ultimately make it easier with time.
Saturn says forget the shortcuts.
Your growth requires discipline and practice. Depending on the sign it’s transiting through for 2+ years, Saturn varies its emphasis of this message.
Remember when Saturn was in Libra, from late 2009 to 2012? During this time you may have discovered some insight about the demands of partnerships and whether it was best to be alone.
When Saturn was in Scorpio, from October 2012 to December 2014 and then from June to September of 2015, you may have uncovered insight about your monetary and emotional sharing.
Now that Saturn has just left Sagittarius, you may reflect on how this past two-year transit has urged control of your excesses and defined your beliefs.
You’ll feel Saturn even more intensely when you have the Moon, ascendant or another personal planet in the same sign as Saturn’s transit.
Now that Saturn has returned to its home sign of Capricorn, it’s time to cultivate what’s authentically you. Your integrity is the focus. Then you will be free to be you.
Steady persistent practice will help you shape your consciousness to receive the results you deserve.
If you’re scared or insecure about attaining personal or worldly goals, this is the time to create practices that affirm the truth that you may not currently see.
And if you fall off that practice, you get right back on and don’t beat yourself up about the lapse. Saturn in Capricorn is like a cosmic father and teaches you how to parent yourself.
Here are 5 things you can do to make this a remarkable phase in your life:
- Make a list of what you want to achieve in the next two years. Saturn in Capricorn supports you in reaching for a prize and accomplishment in the eyes of the world.
- Define an affirmation for each day and repeat it at least a 100 times a day to make it your inner mantra. You’ll notice the benefits as you integrate more of your whole being.
- Set your alarm to get up earlier for time to meditate, reflect on your goals and do your daily practice of affirming what’s important to you. And if you’re up for it, do some yoga. Saturn rewards daily practice.
- Respond to your inner feelings. Don’t wait for circumstances to force it out of you. If you’re tired, rest. If you’re not sure about something, be honest. If you’ve got work to do, get it done first.
- What house is Saturn transiting in your natal chart? (email me if you need to know) This will be an area that you may discover sobering information that will help you reorganize and attain greater self-discipline.
Ultimately, Saturn rewards. Known as the karmic planet, Saturn gives you back multiplied what you put forth.
So yes, this is a serious accountability phase. Father time says it’s time to decide what you want out of life.